Saturday, November 5, 2011

Doorway to Professional Learning

Hello!  I am very excited about this blog and to expand my learning experiences in instructional design, and learning theories.  I plan to use this blog as part of my professional learning development and to link myself to the learning community.  According to Ferriter (2009) blogs are for educators to reflect on instruction, challenge assumptions, question policies, offer advice, design solutions, and learn together.  In this blog I will identify three resources that will further my understanding in learning theories and instructional design.

Cathy Moore:  Let’s save the world from boring e-learning.  In this blog Cathy Moore explores instructional design and shares many ideas in leadership and learning.  Her many blog topics include action mapping, activity design, project management, research scenarios, and performance support. 

Dianne Rees:  Instructional Design Fusions.  Dianne Rees is a writer and instructional designer.  This blog provides opportunity to learn about approaches to instructional design, leadership and learning theories.  This blog also provides many learning opportunities to further my journey in instructional design and learning theories.    

Christy Tucher:  Experiencing e-learning.  This blog focuses on building engaging learning experiences through instructional design and e-learning (Tucker n.d.).  The topics included in this blog are instructional design, corporate e-learning, higher education, K-12 education, life long learning, and technology.  I plan to use this blog to help me understand more in the field of e-learning and the skills I will need to further my education in instructional design.  I am also looking forward to learning about the technology I will be using in this journey.

I am excited to include these blogs and others as part of my professional learning development in learning theories and instructional design. 

References:
Ferriter, B. (2009). Learning with blogs and wikis. Educational Leadership 66(5), 34-38.

No comments:

Post a Comment